For Healthcare Professionals | Online and In Person Programming
Attend online & receive continuing education credits – Includes attendance at the annual Health meets Food: The Culinary Medicine Curriculum Conference!
The Health meets Food curriculum is the world’s most comprehensive Culinary Medicine curriculum for physicians, healthcare professionals, patients, and community members.
Why get certified?
- Explore the implications of diet on overall health
- Enhance the quality of patient counseling
- Improve the management of diet-related chronic diseases, including high blood pressure, diabetes, and cancers
It’s also fun and practical!
Over 30 Training Modules
Introduction to Culinary Medicine
Module 2: Weight, Obesity & Portion Control
Module 3: Lipids, Texture of Food, Lunch
Module 4: Food Allergy & Intolerance
Module 5: Protein, Amino Acids, Eating Disorders
Module 6: Renal Nutrition, Dietary Sodium, Hypertension
Module 7: Carbohydrates, Diabetes, Snacking
Module 8A/B: The Pediatric Diet
Module 9: Sports Nutrition
Module 10: Cancer
Module 11: Pregnancy
Module 12: Pregnancy and Diabetes
Module 13: Celiac Disease
Module 14: Food Allergy
Module 15: Neurocognition
Module 16: Anti-Inflammatory Diet
Module 17: IBS/IBD/GERD
Module 18: CHF
Module 19: HIV/AIDS
Module 20: Geriatrics
Module 21: Mindfulness & Motivational Interviewing
Module 22: Eating Disorders
Module 23: Myths, Fads, Diets, & Controversies
Module 24: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Module 25: Bariatric Surgery
Module 26: Advanced Food Safety
Module 27: Billing and Coding for Lifestyle Medicine
Module 28: PKU Nutrition
Module 29: Enteral and Parenteral Feeding
Module 30A: Food Insecurity in Older Adults
Module 30B: Food Insecurity/SNAP & WIC
Module 32: Pharmaceutical Obesity Treatment
Annual Conference – Included!
Speakers at the 2021 Health meets Food Conference featured:
Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH
Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health, Emerita, New York University
Visiting Professor of Nutritional Sciences at Cornell
Robert Lustig, MD
Professor emeritus of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco
Allison Graham, MS, RD
Director of Food Policy + Regulatory Affairs
Kofi Essel, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Children’s National and The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences (GWUSMHS)
Culinary Medicine Specialist Board | Advisory Board
Jaclyn Albin, MD
Director, UT Southwestern Culinary Medicine Program
Kristi Artz, MD, CCMS
Emergency Medicine Physician; Emergency Care Specialists
Rosemarie Cannarella Lorenzetti, MD, MPH, CCMS
Associate Dean Student Services, Eastern Division, West Virginia University
Kerri Dotson, RDN, LDN, CCMS
Director of Operations & Executive Chef, George Washington University Culinary Medicine Program
Nurgül Fitzgerald, PhD, MS, RD
Associate Professor of Nutritional Sciences / Extension Specialist, Rutgers
Karl Guggenmos, MBA, AAC
Dean Emeritus of Johnson & Wales University
Timothy S. Harlan, MD, FACP, CCMS
Executive Director, Health Meets Food
Holly Hill, RD, CCMS
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Culinary Medicine Specialist
Sabrina Falquier Montgrain, MD, CCMS
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group: Primary Care Physician
Nimisha K. Parekh, FACG, AGAF
Clinical Professor, School of Medicine: University of California, Irvine
Gloria Richard-Davis, MD, MBA, NCMP, FACOG
Professor, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Leah Sarris, RD, LDN, CCMS
Executive Director at New Orleans Culinary & Hospitality Institute
Emily Schlag, RD, CDN
Director at SBH Center for Culinary Medicine and Teaching Kitchen
Milette Siler, RD, LD, CCMS
Culinary Medicine Community Dietitian, UT Southwestern | Moncrief Cancer Institute
Terry Simpson, MD, CCMS
Bariatric Surgeon, Affiliated Surgical Associates
Jessica D. Todd
Clinical Assistant Professor, Coordinated Program Director, Georgia State University
Director of Culinary Medicine, University of South Carolina School of Medicine Columbia
N. Andrew Vaughan, MD, MBA
Anne VanBeber, PhD, RD, CCMS
Nutritional Science Faculty Member, Texas Christian University
Ileana Vargas, MD
Pediatric Oncologist, Columbia University
- Physicians — Currently registered as a practicing physician in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia or South Africa. A copy of current license must accompany application.
- Nurse Practitioners — Currently registered as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) in the United States or Canada. A copy of current license must accompany application.
- Registered Nurse — Currently registered as a practicing nurse in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia or South Africa. A copy of current license must accompany application.
- Physician Assistants — Currently registered as a Physician Assistant (PA) in the United States or Canada. A copy of current license must accompany application.
- Registered Dietitians — Currently registered as a practicing dietitian in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia or South Africa. A copy of current license must accompany application.
- Masters and Doctorate Level Nutritionists — Currently registered as a practicing nutritionist in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia or South Africa or teaching nutrition in an academic setting. A copy of current license or C.V. must accompany application.
- Pharmacists — Currently registered as a practicing pharmacist in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia or South Africa. A copy of current license must accompany application.
- Certified Diabetes Educators (CDEs) — Currently registered as CDE in the United States or Canada. A copy of current license must accompany application.